Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sword of the Spirit

Okay so it's time for my favorite! The sword of the Spirit!

If you look at all the armor that we've talked about, they are all for protection. Don't get me wrong, protection is wonderful and safety is essential, but it is only a covering for ourselves. It will safeguard us from the evils of the world, but it will not fight it or diminish it. Only weapons can do that.

The Spirit is the only weapon of the armor of God. Weapons are used to stop the adversary, but also to protect and help other people. With every prompting of the Spirit that we follow, we are weakening the devils forces and strengthening heaven's.

The Spirit will guide you in what is right, but it is also from the Spirit that we gain a testimony of truth. Moroni 10:4-5 says:


4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things

 Do you hear that? You can know the truth of ALL THINGS! if you ask Heavenly Father with a sincere desire to know the truth, and really intend to act on His answer, and trust that God will answer you, then you CAN gain that knowledge for yourself.

I know that this is true because I have studied and then laid it all before my Father and asked if it was true. The Spirit testified to my heart and mind peace concerning these things. It is by following this formula that I have come to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God lives and loves me, that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and that this church is true.

If you ever have any questions or doubts, go to your Father in Heaven. I do not know all things, but He does (he's the source of all truth, so by definition, he knows more than Google ;). Trust him. He will answer you and show you the truth.

I love that and am going to end with that. Sometime soon I'll talk about acting on prompting a (because that is extremely important as well) but I want you to know that through the Holy Ghost, I know by myself that this church is true. I say these things in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

<3 Eliza
Image source

4 comments:

  1. "A soldier doesn't fight because he hates what's in front of him. He fights because he loves what he left behind." We don't fight because we hate everything around us. We fight because we love the heaven we had to leave behind. Also, the best defense is a good offense. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good point :) I like that quote :)

      <3 Marie-Rose

      Delete
    2. Yeah! In this move I've missed "home" but then I realized that I miss the feeling of being home, and realized that my real homewas in heaven. And I want it back. I want to go home.

      Delete